HOURS: 7:00am - 3:00pm - Monday through Friday 8 Millbrook Road, New Vernon. The Department of Public Works, consisting of nine full-time employees, is responsible for the maintenance of all Township-owned vehicles, roads, parks, buildings, and the Township's Recycling center. Department of Public Works:
- Maintains all municipally- owned vehicles and equipment, providing repairs and preventative maintenance to all Administrative, Police, and DPW vehicles and equipment.
- Maintains all municipal roads, including ice and snow control, asphalt milling and paving, basin and culvert repairs and cleaning, street light and street sign repairs and maintenance.
- Operates and maintains the Harding Recycling Center, located at 8 Millbrook Road. including hauling all recycled materials brought to the center.
- Janitorial services to the Municipal and DPW buildings. DPW also provides inspection and basic repairs to building equipment and structures.
- Maintain the parks and grounds of all municipally- owned properties including structure repairs, lawn and tree maintenance, and amenities repairs.
Refer all calls and inquiries concerning municipal roads, stormwater management and Clean Communities to the Director of Public Works: Tracy Toribio 973-267-2448