8:30am - 4:00pm

P: (973) 267-8000
F: (973) 267-6221

PO Box 666
21 Blue Mill Road

New Vernon, NJ 07976


Contact Information

Township Clerk

Lisa A.Sharp 
973-267-8000 ext. 711


Paper Applications & Forms

Clerk Information

The Township Clerk is the liaison between the public and the governing body. The Clerk is appointed by the Township Committee to a three year term of office. Responsibilities of the Clerk's Office include receipt of all communications addressed to the Township Committee, attendance at Committee meetings, production of minutes of the Committee meetings, advertisement of Committee hearings, meetings, and actions, registration of new voters, receipt of nominating petitions and administration of primary, general, and school elections, processing of applications and permits pertaining to liquor licensing, raffles, bingos, and use of township owned facilities, and landlord registration.

Clerk Services

Appointed Positions Registry - The purpose of this policy is to provide citizens with information concerning the various appointed municipal positions which exist within the Township of Harding. 

 Licensing/Permitting (liquor, raffles, use of township owned facilities and road opening permits)


Alcohol Beverage License: The sale and transportation of alcoholic beverages in the Township is regulated in accordance with the rules and regulations of the State Division of Alcoholic Beverage Control. No person shall sell or distribute alcoholic beverages within the Township without obtaining a license from the Township. Licenses may be applied for through the Township Clerk's Office for issuance by the state.


Any organization desiring to apply for a license to conduct bingo or raffles must first register with the Legalized Games of Chance Control Commission. An identification number will be issued by the Control Commission which is valid for a period of 2 years. An organization must apply for the bingo or raffle license with the municipality in which the games are to take place. Any application must first be approved by the Municipal Clerk on behalf of the Township Committee and must receive a background check before forwarding to the Control Commission, therefore it is important that adequate time is allowed. It is advisable to submit an application at least 60 to 90 days prior to the event.

Please note that a Social Affair Permit is required when alcoholic beverages are served at an affair and there is a charge in connection with the affair.

Use of Facilities Application -- The Township Use of Facilities Policy and Procedures was updated on June 15, 2021.  For a copy of the amended policy go to forms and documents.  

Landlord Registration - Rental premises or rental units used for dwelling purposes are required to be registered with the Township Clerk except for owner-occupied premises with not more than two rental units.

Notary Public - As a courtesy to the residents of Harding Township the Clerk is a Notary Public. This service is generally available during normal working hours Monday through Friday from 8:30 a.m. to 3:30 p.m. Please call (973)-267-8000, ext. 711 for Township Office) to verify availability.

Public Building & Grounds Monuments and Memorials - For an application to donate a monument or memorial, please click on the Forms & Documents and then click on additional  documents to download the application.