Alcohol Beverage License: The sale and transportation of alcoholic beverages in the Township is regulated in accordance with the rules and regulations of the State Division of Alcoholic Beverage Control. No person shall sell or distribute alcoholic beverages within the Township without obtaining a license from the Township. Licenses may be applied for through the Township Clerk's Office for issuance by the state.

Please note that a Social Affair Permit is required when alcoholic beverages are served at an affair and there is a charge in connection with the affair.

Click here for Social Affair Permit application.


Any organization desiring to apply for a license to conduct bingo or raffles must first register with the Legalized Games of Chance Control Commission. An identification number will be issued by the Control Commission which is valid for a period of 2 years. An organization must apply for the bingo or raffle license with the municipality in which the games are to take place. Any application must first be approved by the Township Committee before forwarding to the Control Commission, therefore it is important that adequate time is allowed – an application must be received by the municipality at least 7 days prior to the Township Committee meeting when the governing body approves the application before it goes to the Control Commission. It is advisable to submit an application at least 30 days prior to the event.

Use of Township Owned Facilities

The Harding Township Committee will permit the use of Township facilities when such permission has been requested in writing and has been approved by the Administrator, Health Administrator, Chief of Police, Superintendent of Public Works and the Township Clerk for departments or agencies of the municipal government, other governmental agencies, community organizations formed for charitable or civic purposes, uses and groups directly related to the Township and the operations of the Township, and uses and organizations indirectly related to the Township. For more information please see the Harding Township Use of Facility Request Form.

Click here for the Application for use of Township Facilities.

Road Opening Permits

Road Opening Permits are processed by the Harding Township Engineer. Please contact Apgar Associates at 908 234-0416. Application for Road Opening Permit

Smoke Detector/Carbon Monoxide Alarm Compliance

When ownership of a home changes, certification of compliance with NFIPA 74 (smoke detector location) and NFPA-720 (installation of carbon monoxide alarm) is required. Homeowners in Harding Township arrange for application and certification directly with the NJ State Department of Community Affairs, Division of Fire Safety.

Click here for the Smoke Detector / CO Alarm Compliance form.